We are very excited to welcome our newest member, Crotega. The Company was formed as a result of an educator’s vision. Jody Allen Crowe’s experience with weapons in schools, along with the national tragedies of Sandy Hook and other school shootings led him to bring experts together to research and develop an innovative structural change to buildings that will have a lasting impact on interior control of buildings. The concept of a building intruder defensive shield is the first-of-its-kind building occupant protection system with the potential to change building infrastructures in the same manner fire sprinklers did for fire control.
The idea started to develop in Crowe’s garage in 2013. The third patent was filed October 2016. By January 2017, the Shooter Suppression System was ready for market. The unique intuitive system software can monitor multiple zones, allowing building occupants to deploy the system upon visual recognition of a threat.
Activated via a system touchscreen, the threat suppressor releases short bursts of water with nontoxic additives from the ceiling on the source of the threat. It causes significant irritation to eyes, nose, throat, lungs and skin—virtually immobilizing the perpetrator until In-House Responders intervene or law enforcement arrives. The shooter suppression system includes warning decals and signage to help prevent violence before it starts.
The Suppression System:
- Concealed in the ceiling in zones within a building
- Rapidly activated via remote control or touchscreen by trained personnel
- Short bursts of water with nontoxic additives spray from the ceiling on the source of the threat
- Virtually immobilizes the perpetrator
- Causes significant irritation to eyes, nose, throat, lungs and skin
- Results in involuntary eye closure, coughing and breathing discomfort
- Has a pungent odor and stings the skin
- Repuls is Patented
- Shooter Suppression System is Patented
Crotega has also a Repuls hand-held non-lethal spray to confront your assailant:
- Water-based chemical deterrent spray, causes involuntary eye closure
- Highly irritating to the eyes, nose, nasal passages, throat, lungs and skin
- Pungent odor
- One bottle of water poured over the suspect’s head and face can mitigate the irritation within seconds
- When the Repuls dries, the irritating agent is no longer active
- Water-based Repuls does not require additional charge for dry cleaning uniforms
- 5 Year Shelf Life
- Available in the following sizes: MK-3, MK-4, MK-9
The Company has office, research, and manufacturing facilities in Minneapolis, MN.
Welcome to SACC Philadelphia, Crotega!